COVID-19 Tool Sanitation Information
BAND-IT Tool Cleaning and Sanitation Recommendations to Reduce the Spread of COVID-19
To reduce the spread of COVID-19, BAND-IT recommends tools be cleaned and disinfected at the beginning and end of a shift as well as when tools are shared between operators. If the tool is greasy or heavily soiled, clean using a mild soap and water before disinfecting with a diluted solution of water and bleach.
Cleaning Solution and Sanitation Process:
- Apply appropriate PPE including gown, mask, face shield, and two pairs of gloves.
- Mix 6 parts water with 1 part bleach (3.5% chlora)
- Pour the cleaning solution onto a clean cloth (rather than dipping the cloth in the solution)
- Wipe down all of the surfaces on the tool wth the bleach solution cloth. Be careful to not over wet the cloth and do not soak the tool
- Allow the tool to air dry. Don’t dry the tool with a dry cloth as that could reintroduce contaminants.
For more information visit Interim guidance for manufacturing workers from CDC and OSHA.
Important Note: If the tool is contaminated with blood, follow your local bloodborne pathogens procedures before sanitizing the tool. This work should be performed by someone trained in dealing with bloodborne pathogen clean-up.