Essential Applications: Pulp and Paper Drum Filters
May 06. 2020 | Essential Applications
Essential. Everywhere. Together.
BAND-IT’s products are used in a number of critical applications in the industries defined as “essential” by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency (CISA) including health care, agriculture, and defense.
For example, our 317L Stainless Steel banding is used in the pulp and paper industry to secure membrane filters on rotary drum filtration machines. The bands wrap around these large rotating drums to secure the filters. 317L Stainless Steel is ideal for this application due to the balance of corrosion resistance and weldability. A high molybdenum content provides resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion, while the low carbon (L) allows the weld to be less susceptible to inter granular corrosion.
The BAND-IT Edge
• 317L Stainless Steel provides better weldability
• Product available in 300’ rolls for easy handling
• Packaged in a cardboard box for easy transportation
• ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and IATF 16949 Certified Manufacturing
• Conforms to ASTM A240
• Smooth edges for safe handling
• Ultimate tensile strength of 115,000 psi
• Low profile 0.030” thickness of band
• Available in 3/8”, 1/2”, 5/8”, and 3/4” widths
• Easy installation via welding or BAND-IT C00169 manual tool
For more information on our response to COVID-19 visit http://www.band-it-idex.com/coronavirus