Essential Applications: Solar Farms Replace Nylon Ties with Metal
May 21. 2020
Essential. Everywhere. Together.
BAND-IT metal ties replace nylon ties to reduce maintenance and costly failures at solar farms
Currently there are over 2,000 solar farms (over 10 MW) planned throughout the United States. The average livespan of a photovoltaic panel is 20 years, which is much longer than the lifespan of a traditional nylon tie, especially in extreme heat and UV exposure typically found in high producing solar areas. Several installers of solar farms looked to BAND-IT for a better solution that would match the lifespan of the photovoltaic panels and replaced nylon ties with Ball-Lok ties in their cable management.
The BAND-IT Edge
• Ball-Lok ties are tested and hold firm in extreme heat
• No UV degradation
• Simple hand tools minimize installation variation
• ISO 9001, and ISO 14001 Certified Manufacturing
• Available coated or uncoated
• Lightweight, high strength to size ratio
• Smooth band edges won’t damage cable
• Installation tool provides consistent tensioning
For more information on our response to COVID-19 visit http://www.band-it-idex.com/coronavirus